Blogger C-Squared shares her list ofÂ 12 (so far)Â favorite COOKIES!Â
So this wouldnâ€™t take tons of space, I either linked directly to the recipe I use or linked to the closest thing I could find online. Also, I should mention that anywhere any type of chip is used I add extra – like half again of what is listed in the recipe. Can you ever have too much of a good thing?
12 Cookies Anyone Can Bake
1. Peanut Butter Blossoms.Â Best. Cookie. EVAR!
Â 2. Sugar Cut-outs.Â I have been on a quest for the perfect cut-out recipe for a long time. This one is close to my memory of the best cut-out cookies I ever had (baked by a woman who refused to share her recipe – even with family. Bah humbug, lady!).
Â 3. Oatmeal Berry.Â I use the basic recipe but, instead of using only raisins,I add in a dried berry mix (I end up using nearly double the fruit the recipe calls for). Also, for a bit more flavor and moisture, I soak the raisins and berries in orange juice or Cranapple juice for 30 minutes or so.
4. Pecan Sandies.Â The easiest way to roll the cookies in powdered sugar is to use a plastic baggy – the sugar will get in the grooves at the topand not seal properly toward the end, be warned. The key is to sugar the cookies twice – once when they are still a little warm and again when they are completely cool. Too sweet?! Whatâ€™s that? 😉
5. Snickerdoodles.Â If you have any of the larger grained sugars that are around for holiday baking, mix some in to make the cinnamon sugar extra crunchy. Last year, I found red cinnamon-flavored sugar. Festive!
6. Triple Chocolate Chip.Â I love the Ghirardelli chocolate chips! In this recipe, I use white chocolate chips instead of bittersweet. Sometimes I put in pecans but usually no nuts.
Â 8. Coconut Macaroons.Â So amazingly easy! More like candy, really, but a must for the coconut lover.
9. Gingersnaps.Â Makes the house smell Christmas-y!
10. Shortbread.Â Do you have a cookie press? I recommend the electric kind…so much easier!
11. Fruitcake Cookies.Â Use whatever dried fruit you like (I leave out the dates, personally) and the bourbon is optional, of course (maybe a little rum flavoring, instead?).
12. Lemon Icebox Cookies.Â Yummy anytime!